NOTE: This procedure also fixed a few other problems. When printing, the program that was trying to print would just close. And, SETTINGS would open, but close immediately.
- Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, open Start menu or Start screen, type Command Prompt, right-select Command Prompt, and then select Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or select Allow.
- Type the following command, and then press Enter. It may take several minutes for the command operation to be completed.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Type the
sfc /scannowcommand and press Enter. It may take several minutes for the command operation to be completed.
- Download and run CCleaner. When you run it, I only used the Registry Fix tool.
- Restart the computer. I noticed upon restart, it said something about installing a Windows update.
- Once done, test Windows updates again.