- Login to the Facebook account that is having the issue
- You will see the error message:
This page isn’t working right now www.facebook.com redirected you too many times. ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS
- In the browsers URL type in https://www.facebook.com/upgradeaccount/redirect/
basically type in something that doesn’t exist. It will display a page saying it doesn’t exist but then in the background, you will see a NEWS FEED BUTTON. Press escape to close the error message and click on the NEWS FEED BUTTON. You may also find a link at the bottom of the page with NEWS FEED.
- This should take you to the news page and you will be able to see the toolbar at the top. You may notice that this layout is a bit different because Facebook upgraded the account to the new layout. You can play around with some of the settings to see the dashboard.
- In the toolbar click on the dropdown arrow next to the bell icon and click on Switch to Classic Facebook
- Once I switched to the Classic Facebook View, I logged out and then logged back in. The problem was solved.
So it appears that upgrading the Facebook Page to the new design caused the redirection.
Special thanks to the original link I found here: https://marcotran.com.au/how-to-fix-facebook-too-many-redirects/