If you receive an error 0xc000000e after cloning a hard drive, it is probably due to the Windows Boot Manager.
Here is how to fix it:
- Boot into the BIOS of the computer.
- Turn OFF any SECURE BOOT or Windows Boot Manager options so the computer uses LEGACY
- Save your changes in BIOS and turn off the computer.
- Insert a Windows 10 USB Install into a USB slot and boot off of it.
- At the first screen, type SHIFT F10 at the same time.
A command prompt should open up.
- Type each of these commands, one at a time, pressing ENTER after each command:
Note 1: I received an ACCESS DENIED error on bootrec /fixboot, but keep going.
Note 2: If you get an error on bootrec / rebuildbcd, you are still booting into SECURE BOOT or Windows Boot Manager.
- Reboot the computer
- If you boot to a black screen with a cursor, the computer is looking for mounted devices that where there when you cloned the drive. You can find the fix for that here: